Re: Control-center / Applets

Guy Bartoli wrote:

> Bill, Krisna..
>
> I read on the gnome-general list that y'all are having the identical problem
> as me starting gnomecc and adding applets to the panel.
>
> Have you had any luck in solving the problem? I'm a total newbie and would
> appreciate the help.
>
> Regards,
> Guy

I got the panel apps to work by installing a bunch of old libs from
older GNOME dists.  Anything that would install in conjunction with the
newer libs without problems I installed.  If I could only remember WHICH
libs they were (sigh).

I still have no control panel.  Luckily for me, the defaults are
*almost* acceptable but damnit I'd really like to configure my screen
saver!

Maybe someday someone with real knowledge will be a saint and try to do
a clean install on a freshly built system and be a hero for all of us by
solving this rather annoying problem!  (HINT HINT HINT!!!)

-Bill