Re: Control-center / Applets

Robert Del Huerto wrote:

> Were you guys also getting the undefined symbol in /usr/lib/libgdk.imlib.so.1?
>
> When you say older gnome files, do you mean the ones in the RedHat CD?  ..or do
> you mean others that you've downloaded?
>
> robert

Well, I had dumped a bunch of stuff that I downloaded from older dists
onto my windoze partition before re-installing my RedHat 5.2 system and
all the latest GNOME RPMs.  I'm not using anything from the RedHat CD
except the required RPMs as the instructions indicate.

I was at a time getting the above error until I reinstalled GNOME
exactly to the letter.  It seems that something gets broke if you remove
or upgrade the libs in the wrong order?  Right now the only problems I'm
having is the control center.  The window comes up, but if I try to
click on anything it goes *poof* and I go AAAAAAARGH!

Oh, I noticed one more thing that may or may not be a bug.  Using the
latest x-chat, if I try to DCC chat someone it freezes up the moment the
connection is made.  All previous versions worked fine (shrug).

For now, just click your heals together and say, "There's no place like
GNOME... there's no place like GNOME..."

-Bill