Re: win98 doesn't boot after Gnome install!!!

On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Tom Barraza wrote:

> At this point, I guess I'll have to reinstall everything and
> not install GNOME until most of the bugs have been worked out
> of it, at least until the bugs that trash my MBR have been
> identified and fixed.

Is there even code in gnome that fiddles with the mbr of any devices?

Are you sure you did not copy anything to /dev/hda1 ? Okay maybe a dumb
idea, but that was my bad newbie mistake... figuring, ah ok so it's not
mounted, but what could the difference be, I copied a kernel to my
/dev/hdaX drive and totally erased my mbr, fat, copy of fat, and root
directory on that msdos drive - needless to say, it was totally ruined....

best wishes,
nils

---
"Why do we always come here?" - "I guess we'll never know."
"It'l like a kind of torture to have to watch this show."