gftp concerns

Gftp seems to crash if I try to do a "refresh" on a remote directory
listing after the ftp connection has timed out. I have not tried any other
commands after a timeout, they may have the same effect as refresh.

BTW, how does one do a backtrace? I have seen them on this list, and they
seem to have a lot of information (a listing of the run time stack I
think?) but I do not know how to generate them. Any help on this subject
would be helpful.

Thanks,
-FDS