A bunch of GNOME questions

-How do I scroll the panel so that I can see the parts of the panel that don't
fit on the screen?
-I don't like having to grab the tiny thumb in order to resize window panes. Is
this a window manager feature or a GTK feature? Can I change it so that I can
drag any part of the pane boundary to resize the pane?
-is there a pop-up task switcher like the one in windows or KDE? Is this a
window manager or GNOME feature?
-Why do some apps open their docs in netscape and some apps use gnome-help?
-Why can't I use arrow key in GNOME-help to scroll through the docs?
-Gnome-ppp: is there any way to configure the init string for your modem and/or
the dialing prefix? I'd like to enable speed dialing, but can't figure out how
to set this up in Gnome-ppp.
-I could not connect and stay connected with gnome-ppp. I press the connect
button, the modem dials, it connects, the status says I am connected, but I
can't check email with Balsa or use Netscape. A few minutes later, the
connection dies. I know my connection does work, because I can properly connect
in Win98 and with kppp.

--
-David Rugge

http://www.mindspring.com/~davidrugge/index.html