RE: Unable reach the control-center

well, to re-emphasize, i don't run redhat 5.2.  actually i had *compiled*
the whole stuff on sun solaris.  the panel is coming up, so is the
enlightenment.  the theme-switcher weem to crash E after giving me `one
window manager is already running' message.  when i looked at the source,
the file capplet-widget-libs.c around lind 220, the following source file
extract

--------------<begin code>--------
        control_center = goad_server_activate_with_repo_id (NULL,

"IDL:GNOME/control_center:1.0",
                                                            0, NULL);

        /* now we get the control center. */
/*        control_center = CORBA_ORB_string_to_object(orb, cc_ior, &ev);*/
        if (! control_center) {
 /**SEE_HERE**/   g_warning ("Unable reach the
control-center.\nExiting...");
                exit (1);
        }
        if ((xid == 0) || (id == -1)) {
                GNOME_control_center_register_capplet_new(control_center,
                                                          capplet,
                                                          argv[0],
                                                          capid,
 -----------------<end code>-----------------------

/**SEE_HERE**/ above is inserted by me.

this leads me to suspect that CORBA (Orbit-0.4) is not properly setup.  my
problem is that i am a complete newbie to CORBA.  so would appreciate if
someone can clue me in on at least Orbit and

A  where it installs its setup files?
B  does it require a daemon to be started?  if not, how can it `listen' for
clients?  named pipes? SHM?  i seem to think it is SHM, as ipcs -m gives me

% ipcs -m
IPC status from <running system> as of Fri Mar 12 23:57:46 1999
T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP
Shared Memory:
m      4 0x00280267 --rw-r--r--     root     root
m     10 0x0000005a --rw-rw-rw-  other     other
m    111 0x7b00000f --rw-------     me       me
m     12 0x7b000068 --rw-------     me       me
m     13 0x7b000069 --rw-------     me       me
m     14 0x7b00006e --rw-------     me       me
m     15 0x7b00006a --rw-------     me       me
m     16 0x7b00006f --rw-------     me       me
m     17 0x7b000071 --rw-------     me       me
m     18 0x7b00007e --rw-------     me       me

actually i think i can proceed my investigation a bit more, provided i knew
where to start, maybe its gdb time.

C  should i report this at gnome bugs site?

- tar krishna