Re: Gnome-Canvas

Greetings,

>Todd Graham Lewis wrote :
>OK, I know that there are lurkers on the GNOME list who claim to
>want to contribute, but who lack programming skills.  Well, either
>one of you should do this, or all of you are liars: this question has
>been answered several times on the mailing list.  You people
>should go through the mailing list archives and find the various
>answers to this question. You should then package those answers
>up into a semi-coherent form. You should then either publish the
>resulting document yourselves, or send it to the GNOME doc
>people, and they will publish it for you.

This sort of commentary is not helpful and its not civilized. I have been in
the industry for many years. I do know how to "program". I have designed and
implemented systems far more complex then GNOME. However, I am not ashamed
to admit I find working with GNOME very difficult. There is very little
documentation for the gnome libraries. That makes starting out difficult for
someone like me, never mind someone who is less experienced. If you do not
like questions like this, why don't you add your experience to the
documentation project. At least phrase your answers in a way that makes you
sound like a member of a civilized society.

Most importantly, take some advice from my mom, if you have nothing nice to
say "keep you mouth shut" :o)

Regards,

]{ristoph