Re: gnome-db info?

On Thu, Mar 11, 1999 at 06:16:24PM -0600, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> You might even do the following:
>
> 	1. write a gnome-db backend for Oracle.
> 	2. Wrap the gnome-db API for use in Guile (should be simple to
> 	   do).

> That way guile will gain access to Oracle, Postgress, ODBC and MySQL
> at least :-)

:)

guile already has a few other database api's (postres, 2 mysql, and
sybase) so that may not be the fastest way to go about things
(especially since the library I have will let guile connect to a
database alread).

I don't think that dependancies on glib, gdk, gtk, and other gnome
libs would be seen as reasonable just to get database access for a
scheme interpreter :).

So, ummm...., who's maintaining gnome-db?

-Peter