device mounting and umounting

Hi,

I have 1.0 and am testing the device management features of gmc. If you
"rescan mountable devices" from the desktop menu, gmc will check the /mnt
directory and put the devices it finds there on the desktop. They all
have "mount/eject" options on their menus, and a double click will mount
the device automaticly. Very nice.

Now mounting a CD works fine, but when I go to unmount it I recieve
the error message "umount: /dev/hdc is not in fstab (and you are not
root)."

I wonder if anyone else has seen this and what setup they have used to
fix it.

The /dev/cdrom entry looks like this.

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            3 Jan 28 13:07 /dev/cdrom -> hdc

The /dev/hdc entry:

brw-rw-r--   1 root     disk      22,   0 May  5  1998 /dev/hdc

My fstab file:

/dev/hda1               /                       ext2    defaults    1 1
/dev/hda5               /home                   ext2    defaults    1 2
/dev/hda6               /usr                    ext2    defaults    1 2
/dev/hda7               swap                    swap    defaults    0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults    0 0

#Removable drives
/dev/cdrom		/mnt/cdrom		iso9660
noauto,ro,user,exec
/dev/fd0		/mnt/floppy		auto