Re: shared library problem (post-compilation)

I ran into this same problem when I compiled gnome-libs the first time.  Go
back to the compilation of gtk, do a 'make clean' to rid the old sources,
and do a './configure' again.  Piping it into more (./config | more) might
be helpful, and watch for a non fatal error or two.  I forget EXACTLY what
caused this, but I did find a problem in the config.log (read that too)
that I had to fix then recompile

>[root@cmayes gnome-libs-1.0.1]# /usr/local/bin/gnome-session
>iceauth:  creating new authority file /root/.ICEauthority
>SESSION_MANAGER=local/cmayes:/tmp/.ICE-unix/31179,tcp/cmayes:2893
>/usr/local/bin/gnome-session: error in loading shared libraries
>/usr/local/lib/libgnomeui.so.32: undefined symbol: gdk_imlib_get_cache_info
>
>...and here's another...
>
>[cmayes@cmayes bin]$ gnorpm
>gnorpm: error in loading shared libraries
>/usr/local/lib/libgnomeui.so.32: undefined symbol: gdk_imlib_get_cache_info
>
>Yeah, it's the same thing, but I wanted to be thorough ;-)  So, if
>anyone has seen this or has any suggestions, please let me know.

Cory Watson
Computer Cafe Internet Services