Re: Input Method of Gnome

>Owen Taylor <otaylor@redhat.com> writes:
>
>> Now, the level of complexity for this is pretty high,
>> and is likely to discourage any applications
>> for actually supporting it...
>
>But if all widgets which take user input and are used by a program are
>GNOME or GTK+ widgets?  Then it would be a one-time effort to write
>all the GTK+ and GNOME widgets this way.  I'd say it's worth the
>effort especially since it should be possible to share a lot of code.

I also agree. Since If all the GTK+ and GNOME can support IM.
Programmer don't need to take care about IM. They use
the widgets. User determine whether they use international characters or
not.
I think that's the best way for IM.

>In addition to this one could provide a skeleton implementation for
>future use in user defined widgets.  The problem with using XIM not
>fully today is that writing it is a lot of work and there is no place
>to copy it from.

Yes, That's a good approach. I am a Java Programmer. Java has done a
good architecture of Component. All the programmers follow the structure
that Sun provide. Programmers only needs to take care the outlook and what
event they should give out. Sun takes care all the Other things like
remote/system
widget.

If Gnome can provide a skeleton, everyone build widgets based on it. It will
really
simplify the workload of Input Method or other future extensions of a base
widget
functions.