Re: new problems

On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 12:15:42PM -0800, David Ford wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Rick Knebel wrote:
>
> > Ever since I upgraded gnome-core I get this whenever I try to start the
> > panel.
> >
> > panel: error in loading shared libraries
> > /usr/lib/libpanel_applet.so.0: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info
> >
> > Anyone else have this problem or a solution.
> > I am running redhat 5.2
>
> this is caused by compiling some programs/libs with a new and improved
> compiler and leaving old libraries compiled with the old compiler.
>
> recompile the old programs/libs along with your new stuff and everything
> will match up.

I really appreciate your reply.
I am very new to Linux so I do not really know how to do what you said.
Are there specific ones I need to do and can i do it with rpm.

I downloaded the entire file of gnome programs and libs from the redhat
directory on ftp.gnome.org.

Is there a way tojust replace the ones I have with the ones I downloaded??

I really aprreciate your help.

thanks
Rick

--