Re: new problems

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Rick Knebel wrote:

> Ever since I upgraded gnome-core I get this whenever I try to start the
> panel.
>
> panel: error in loading shared libraries
> /usr/lib/libpanel_applet.so.0: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info
>
> Anyone else have this problem or a solution.
> I am running redhat 5.2

this is caused by compiling some programs/libs with a new and improved
compiler and leaving old libraries compiled with the old compiler.

recompile the old programs/libs along with your new stuff and everything
will match up.

-d
--
 This is Linux Country. On a quiet night, you can hear Windows NT reboot!
  Do you remember how to -think- ? Do you remember how to experiment? Linux