Re: WOOT!

On  9 Mar, Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Mar 1999 16:17:00 -0600, Cory Watson <gphat@cafes.net> wrote:
>>OK, i finally got gnome working... but there is a little problem
>>
>>Heres my .xinitrc
>>
>>exec enlightenment
>>exec gnome-session
>>
>>and when I startx, E runs fine, but gnome doesnt work until I start a xterm
>>and type gnome-session, then I start getting output, and about 2 minutes
>>later it starts....
>
> Remove the 'exec enlightenment' line. This will let the script get to
> starting gnome-session, which will in turn run enlightenment.
>
> -- Elliot
> "In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
>  versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
>     - Steven Spielberg

And how does one start windowmaker?  I use the same form but like:

exec wmaker &
exec gnome-session

in my .xinitrc.  One rather small issue is that windowmaker dutifully
creates appicons for the panel and puts them under the clip.  I hide
them with the clip but would like a better approach.  Is there another
way with windowmaker to do this?

Thanks.
--
Michael Perry