esd locks the machine up solid...

Hi,

Last week, I think it was Thursday, I did complete cvs rebuild. Since then I
haven't tried new compile of Enlightenment until few days a go when I had to
reboot. Now when I start Enlightenment, it will automatically start esd, which I
don't want to run since it, not just cvs version either, locks up my machine
solid when gnome is also running. Only thing I can do is use the power button.:(
So, I was wondering which file esd is starting from.

I would give more details/a bug report on esd with gnome locking up my machine,
but I never see any kind of errors, just hard locks up. I don't mind running
machine without esd since other sound programs that don't depend on esd work
fine for me. As for my setup, it is mostly Debian 2.1 with Gnome and
Enlightenment from cvs, ESS 19** sound card on Celeron 333.

        Thanks,
        David