coredump w/ gmc

I have been experiencing core dumps w/ GMC whenever I try to modify the
permissions of a file.. or even look at the properties of a file.. when I click
ok, I get this :
Gdk-ERROR **: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)

aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)
WHAT? it has happened with all releases of gmc that I have tried.. w/ different
versions of GTK.. I was using 1.1 gtk, now 1.2 gtk w 4.5.23 gmc.. why is this
happening?