Re: Compiling GNOME on IRIX?

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Jim Meyer wrote:
> Howdy!
>
> Has anyone managed the above feat? Please let me know if you have as I'm
> considering embarking on an attempt and any advice would be helpful. =]

Earlier in GNOME development, there were a few people using GNOME on IRIX,
but there hasn't been much word from them recently.  GNOME _should_ work
on IRIX, and if it doesn't, we want to get bug reports so it can be fixed.
By all means go and try it.

My only advice is that, if you use the native IRIX compiler and binutils,
use the GNOME tarballs (either the release tarballs, or Jim Pick's
snapshots).  If you want to use GNOME from CVS, install the various GNU
tools first.

Best of Luck,
-Gleef