Error trying to get gnome 1.0 working

I downloaded and installed the rpms for gnome 1.0 and I am unable to run
gnome/enlightenment anymore.  In my .xinitrc file I have the line "exec
gnome-session" and only that line.  When I do a "startx" I get the
Xserver information, comes to the initial X screen before the window
manager starts, then exits, and at the bottom I recieve the following
lines:
----
SESSION_MANAGER=local/moses:/tmp/.ICE-unix/738, tcp/moses:1075

Priority 00 : Starting      Id = default0
Priority 00 : Clonining    Id = default0
Priority 00 : Registering Id = (null)

Waiting for X server to shut down
----

Also, whenever I do this, I have a core in my directory afterwards.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks