Re: x11amp problems - helppppp
- From: Tim Lewis <talewis worldnet att net>
- To: mlemsing swavley com au
- CC: "James C. Wilson (E-mail)" <jw themes org>, "Gnome-List (E-mail)" <gnome-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: x11amp problems - helppppp
- Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 18:58:34 -0800
Try esddsp x11amp (or whatever the executable for x11amp is); this runs
the audio requests for x11amp through esd.
Alternately, as root kill esd, then enter:
esd as -2
in your .xinitrc (or where ever you are luanching your 'gnome-session'
from), as the first line. This info was covered on the list earlier
today, and I am passing it on. Let the list know if you were
> hi there.,
> I obtained the x11amp rpm on the weekend, installed it and when i try to
> play an mp3 it makes no sound whatsovever. I have installed audiofile and
> esd, and i have sound through enlightenment but whenever i play an mp3 it
> says in the xterm box, cant unlock /dev/dsp.
> what am i doing wrong? do i need to add some commandline stuff..?
> FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq
> To unsubscribe: mail firstname.lastname@example.org with
> "unsubscribe" as the Subject.
] [Thread Prev