Re: Gnome 1.0 Compile Problem II - GUILE

Nils Jeppe <nils@providence.work.de> writes:

> gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -o .libs/guile
> guile.o -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/gnome/lib .libs/libguile.so -ldl -lm -ldl -lm
> .libs/libguile.so: undefined reference to `rl_deprep_term_function'

I think this is a common problem with Guile-1.3 on SuSE Linux.

It is solved in the current sources of Guile which you can get by
anonymous CVS.  If that is not an option for you, you might want to
hack around it by maybe setting LIBS=-lncurses for configure or
symlinking libncurses to libtermcap, or some such.  Here is the
ChangeLog entry from Guile that talks about this problem:

1998-12-14  Jim Blandy  <jimb@zwingli.cygnus.com>

	* configure.in: Check for tgoto in ncurses, then termcap.
  	S.u.S.E. Linux doesn't have a termcap.  (Thanks to Karl
 	Eichwalder.)
	* configure: Regenerated.