requirements for building current CVS

Hi All,
I've was recently using Gnome-99.8 and then went to 1.0 and found that
everything well stopped working. I'm sure by now that some of the bugs
are fixed in cvs I just have a few questions before I go and grab the
sources. I've looked at the FAQ's and the last two months archives and
haven't found the answers I want so here goes.

Along with gnome must I also use the cvs versions of glib and gtk+? Is
there a macro in cvs to get the core of gnome in one shot? Something
similar to 'cvs -z3 get enlightenment' . Must I still export the
ACLOCAL_FLAGS if I do an install to /usr? Finaly, To build rpms from cvs
I need to do 'make dist' and then rpm -ta 'tarball'  right? Once I get
my build environment setup and running smoothly I plan to build rpm
snaps of gnome & E two-three times a week, Daily if cvs is consistant.
These rpms will be for Alphalinux and will be kept at
ftp.alphalinux.org. Thanks.

Peter
--
www.alphalinux.org