GNOME1.0 Probable Bugs & Questions

Hi all. Having Mandrake 5.3 I've been using KDE 1.1 for a while now, and
the Windows-ness of it is really starting to kill me. The similar yet
different style of GNOME is a welcome relief. So it bugs me to have
noticed so many bugs in the first release of GNOME. If there are
workarounds for these, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can tell me.

--- 1) Since I've installed GNOME 1.0 two days ago I've undergone about a
dozen sudden exits from X Windows. I'm left with a bunch of error messages
such as "x io error" and a core file. Sometimes the core is from the gnome
pager and other times it's from gnomecc.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

--- 2) Also, when I tried to add a menu entry using the menu editor with
the title "KDE / KMail", instead of taking that string verbatim and
putting it in the menu, it created the KDE directory and put KMail inside.
Then the program goes haywire, everytime I hit save it creates another KDE
directory. When I restart the menu editor any item I click on kills the
program.

--- 3) Enlightenment hotkeys randomly just begin to "not work". These are
hotkeys for such things as raise/lower/maximize. They function for a time
and then the window manager just stops intercepting them and pass the
keystrokes along to the application. Something probably triggers this but
I have no idea what.

--- 4) Why is it that the Enlightenment hotkeys for virtual desktops don't
work?!?! I hate pagers and rely on hotkeys to move me around desktops.
This is not good ...

--- 5) If GNOME 1.0 insists on using Enlightenment as the window
manager ( I see no place in the GUI to CHANGE it ), why is it that
there is no window manager configuration in the control center, but
instead I have to use e-conf?

Please try to forward replies to gutier@intergate.bc.ca because I'm
not currently registered in the gnome mailing list.

Thanks.