Re: gdk_imlib 1.9.4 problems - NetBSD-current

> On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, NJ Verenini wrote:
>
> > Nils Jeppe wrote:

> > > I had the same error message. My solution - on suse 6 so I dunno if this
> > > helps you any - was to delete all libgtk* libgdk* libimlib* and libImlib*
> > > that I could find. I also downloaded a binary distro of ImageMagick and
> > > added the delegates.mgk to /usr/share/ImageMagick. Then I reinstalled gtk,
> > > glib, and imlib... Seems to have worked. Have gnome running now.
> > >
> > > So my guess would be you have some conflicting versions maybe? Gnome seems
> > > to be very picky in this regard.
> > >
> > > Best wishes,
> > > Nils
> >
> > Bah, no luck. I cleaned everything out and rebuilt. Once again,
> > everything works except for gdk_imlib.

[ snippity ]

Ok, I fixed it. Talk about your wierd-ass behavior...

I looked into the problem some more and traced it down to glib. glib
contains a wrapper for dynamically loading libraries (libgmodule) which
gdk_imlib uses to load the specific image handler.

Apparently, my -current build environment (990217) was building a broken
libgmodule. My specific guess is that egcs (1.1) knackered it up. I
compiled just libgmodule on a NetBSD 1.3.2 system, took it to mine,
installed it, and recompiled imlib. That seemed to work. I strongly
suspect if I had just rebuilt with gcc-2.7.2 on my system it would work
also.

egcs lossage? I would not be surprised...

--
http://spunet.dynip.com/
nverenin@spunet.dynip.com