Re: GTK themes not switching on panel or dialog buttons

> This may have come up already, but I'll put it out here anyway...
>
> GNOME 1.0: GTK themes are not changing when selected from
> Control-center.  It doesn't matter how many times I try; Only the
> preview switches.  Gnome-pager doesn't change, and dialog buttons don't
> change.  Is this a bug, or an artifact of previous installs?

I had this problem and was able to fix it by removing ~/.gtkrc and
~/.gnome/gtkrc . (I had noticed that they did not agree with each
other.) This reset gtk to default theme, after that I was able to change
themes fine (I also noticed that ~/.gnome/gtkrc hasn't come back, maybe
it's not used anymore and it's presence was what was causing the
problem?)

	-Harry Henry Gebel

Metal Casting and Procera Scanning Technician
Dodd Dental Laboratories
New Castle, Delaware