RE: Default drag and drop behavior

How about this:
Switch the left and middle buttons.
So left dragging prompts you.
Power users can use the middle button.

In a gmc window there is a menu called "D&D" or something like that.
It will have 3 radio menu items that control the middle button default.
COPY
MOVE
LINK

This setup is nice because people who dont know what they are doing get a
nice little prompt. And the people who do, can easily switch between modes
verry quickly.

Say I want to create a bunch of links on my desktop from different
directories. All I do is select LINK, and then start middle draging stuff to
the desktop. Then lets say there is some copying to be done, I can change
mode to copy and copy a bunch of stuff over.

So the excelerator works for the people who know how to use it, and the left
click works for people that dont.