Re: corba choice

On Fri, Mar 05, 1999 at 04:38:36PM -0500, Ingalls, Bruce wrote:
> I would like to know why gnome passed over TAO or (J-) ACE at
> http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/TAO.html

	While I am by no means a Corba genius (nor have I written any
code at all, FWIW) I was around to listen in on the CORBA conversation.
While I don't remember any specific mention of TAO as the Orb of choice,
it was mainly about MICO.  That was the original ORB used by Gnome,
but it was pretty bloated and slow... so it was replaced by Orbit, the
most excellent implementation from (I think) Elliot Lee.

	Gnome Guru coder guys, please correct me if I'm wrong.

				Adam

--
Adam Jacob - Sr. Systems Administrator <adam@cybertrails.com>
Cyber Trails