Re: Shared Library problems on RH5.2

On Fri, 05 Mar 1999 12:48:48 -0700, ninana@uswest.net <ninana@uswest.net> wrote:
>David Sundqvist wrote:
>>
>> Well, first thing that strikes me as probable with the errors you got is
>> that you've still got an old Imlib hanging around in /usr/local/lib.
>>
>> Be very very very very very very very very very very very very very very
>> careful to make sure the exact right versions of libs are the ones that
>> actually get used with gnome or you'll run into weirdness :).
>>
>> Best regards,
>> David
>>

>Thanks for the suggestion, it worked.  I can now run ee, gmc and
>gnumeric fine but now I am getting a segmentation fault:
>
>[ninana@planetofsound ninana]$ gnome-session
>SESSION_MANAGER=local/planetofsound.org:/tmp/.ICE-unix/432,tcp/planetofsound.org:1049
>Priority 00 : Starting    Id = default0
>Priority 00 : Cloning     Id = default0
>Priority 00 : Registering Id = (null)
>Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 435, errno = 2

Do
	echo "127.0.0.1 `hostname`" >> /etc/hosts

Your hostname setup is messed up, and this should fix it. The basic idea
is that various parts of GNOME need to be able to turn your hostname into
an IP address.

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg