e-conf not installed by default anymore?

Package: control-center
Version: CVS 03-03-1999

  It seems that e-conf is no longer built by default, which is likely what's
causing all the mails and posts about "How do I configure enlightenment?".
I discovered this because I rm -rf'ed my Gnome tree and rebuilt from scratch,
only to find my e-conf gone.  Making it by hand works perfectly well, but it's
such a useful little program that it's hard to see why it isn't in the default
build.

  Daniel
--
  Whoever created the human body left in a fairly basic design flaw.  It has a
tendency to bend at the knees.

             -- Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_