Re: Did GNOME go 1.0 too early?

On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 01:36:52PM +0100, Preben Randhol wrote:
> "Georg C. F. Greve" <greve@gnu.org> writes:
>
> | Given another 2-6 weeks everything would have been fine, I think, and
> | I don't see why this needed to be rushed.
>
> LinuxExpo ? :-(
>
> I hope there is a stable 1.2 version of Gnome by the end of this
> summer or I will start fearing the future...

I hope there'll be 1.0.x versions pretty soon, especially in the case of gmc
(although it's versioning indicates that the development cyclus of mc/gmc is
somewhat independent of that of the rest of gnome).

Gnome 1.2 by the end of this summer? Why rush it? :)

> If the 1.0 RPMs comes tomorrow I hope they are compiled so that panel,
> gnomecc etc stops spaming the xterm with different debug messages as this
> will frighten potential new users IMHO.

The panel will only spit out debug messages when run from an xterm.
Normally the panel will be launched from gnome-session at startup.

Ronald