RE: XML-based projects?

If you are in the NY City area tonight, there is a free talk on XML. See
http://www.cppsig.org/
Otherwise, I would start by understanding Cascading Style Sheets in HTML:
http://www.developer.com/journal/techworkshop/990217_css.html

There is a perl parser; search http://www.perl.com/
For java parsers, check microsoft or ibm alphaworks.
More xml parsers by checking http://www.freshmeat.net/

Be sure to check http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/relander/XML/
http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/sgml-xml.html
and http://www.xml.com/xml/pub/axml/axmlintro.html

Finally, these already busy _lists_ are about gnome, which is a graphic user
interface for linux like systems.
XML is a web-ready documentation standard. The comp.text.sgml newsgroup had
discussed starting an
xml group; try searching http://www.dejanews.com/ _instead_.