Re: Did GNOME go 1.0 too early?

On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 08:27:02AM +0100, Nils Jeppe wrote:

> > gnome-core, control-center and gmc are especially important applications,
> > gnome-utils probably important too.
>
> there is kdecore. control-center is included in the kdecore, as are a
> windowm manager and kfm (the gmc equivalent). Then again, kde has been
> around longer, so it's natural that they have a lead.

control-center used to be included in gnome-core.

I really don't see why having a few more files to download is so bad.
Red Hat doesn't come in one rpm either. When something gets updated you
don't have to download all the other packages.

Really, in the long term it's an advantage to have many small packages
instead of a few huge ones.

Ronald