Re: New installation.

> I go asking any dumb questions, is there a list of what components of the
 > GNOME CVS repository are required for a base installation?? Also, are there
 > any general compilation instructions that may be useful for me.

Well, I've been asking dumb questions all day and installing gnome
from CVS for the past 12 hours, so this might help...

I was running a vanilla 5.2 redhat system this morning.  I installed
autoconf-2.13, automake-1.4, freetype-1.2 (some font thinggie needed
by enlightenment), gettext-0.15.35, and libtool-1.2d (from
alpha.gnu.org).

After I got all that working, I installed the following packages from
the CVS tree-- in approximately this order.

   glib
   gtk+
   imlib
   ORBit
   audiofile
   esound
   libgtop
   gnome-libs
   gnome-objc
   gnome-core
   gnome-xml
   gnome-pim
   gnome-utils
   gnumeric
   gtop
   gdm
   mc
   fnlib

And after an entire day of recompiles, everything seems to be working
except `gdm' which has crashed my entire linux box twice.

Good luck.

Aldy