Re: Did GNOME go 1.0 too early?

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Spud wrote:

>     Possibly this is the fact that you are using Redhat and their package
> system
> makes it impossible to compile anything from source? I had that problem, and
> I ended up nuking my RedHat partition and went back to Slackware.

No, I use SuSE 6.0 - The problem seems to be that SuSE and RedHat have
very different ideas of where to put things. Recently, I've come to think
that RPMs are evil ;-) SuSE RPM's at least, anyway. ;-)

But still, if I grab the entire Gnome CVS, you'd think I can get at least
imlib to compile, but... not really. (I'll definitely post my problem some
day, but not at 4:40am ;)

----
 "When one entertains female friends, one should try not to
  look quite as seedy as certain unnamed parties habitually do."
                     --- Calvin & Hobbes: "It's a Magical World"