Re: Reducing size of icone and panel

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, James Henstridge wrote:
]Currently it is not possible to do this, however I remember someone
]posting a message about a patch they had done to the panel to make it

 Yep, the patch was mine.

]Note that in the future, the panel will have this configurable (allowing
]a number of fixed heights), but not for gnome 1.0.

 George said it will be a 1.2 feature, but there is possibility to change
the default size now, too.

 Look at the code:

/gnome-core/panel/panel-widget.h
#define PANEL_MINIMUM_WIDTH  48

 Change this to 28 for expamle..

/gnome-core/applets/gen_util/clock.c
           ... = new_vbox_...

 Change to hbox, and before this line there are "%H:%M"s if I remember
 well... Put a space into the begin of the strings.

/gnome-core/applets/gkb/gkb.c

change the defines at the begining of the file...

( for xpml: 60x40 -> 38x24 )

]> How can I reduce size of panel ans/or icone in toolbars ?

 That's all, but many applets will grow up panel's size...

--
 - Shooby Ban - bansz@szif.hu - http://lsc.kva.hu - Linux Supporting Center -
      - Szabolcs Ban - http://listen.to/shooby - SZIF ComputerCentre -