RE: gdm submission

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Fox, Kevin M wrote:

> Ctrl-Alt-Del for login was/is always a bad idea. In all operating systems
> BUT winblowz (Or should that be OT old technology) ctrl alt delete reboots
> the computer. This is an expected thing. If you hit ctrl alt del and it does
> something different it confuses people. Microsoft in the different windows
> changed what control alt delete does 3 different times. Lets not get into
> that habbit. Why would any one want to hit control alt delete to login when
> you can just be prompted by a nice pritty login box right away?

Because I have many NT users at MindSpring who are on the verge of converting,
and no OS/2 users.  If you don't like my stuff, then don't use it.  8^)

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood."          -- George S. Patton