RE: gnome-session and psuedorandom X crashes.

I just installed gnome on my brothers laptop yesterday. Gnome-session was
going scrazy on it. This was odd because I used the same stuff on 4 other
computers and didnt have any problems. After playing I found out what the
problem was. The computer was calling itself Ranma.intranet but
Ranma.intranet was not in dns or in the hosts file. So gnome-session was
telling other programs to connect to Ranma.intranet but the programs could
not connect since Ranma.intranet didnot exist. The solution: put your
computers name into the hosts file.

Maby this will help.