Re: Core-file

zeke <zeke@mail.bahnhof.se> writes:

| Hi!
| I wonder about this core file that pop-up all over my system. I stumbled
| across it in 3 folders that it hasenīt been in before, so I scaned my
| system an found 12 core-files including 1 on my windows disk where I hade
| some files that I used.
| What does it do and can I delete some of them?

Core is a dump of the memory as it where when a program crashed. You
can use gdb to find out more information on why the program crashed.

You can delete these files. NB: make sure that you don't delete the
core directory in the kernel source code though.

--
Preben Randhol             oO     "Don't think about domination,  think
[randhol@pvv.org]        .`  ;     about freedom, it doesn't dominate."