Re: Some things GNOME really needs

> That's not quite what I was talking about.  What if you have one large
> program, with lots of optional parts.  For example, word perfect.  On
> Windows, you get the installer which will show a tree of different
> features, explain what they are if you don't know, and let you select
> what to install.  How would you do this with RPMs?

I was thinking that RedHat needs to include a new option with RPM that
would allow for the files in the RPM to be divided up into categories. each
category would be given relative importance(mandatory, recommended and
optional) and would have a description. This way one could have 1 RPM
that gives the people the choices of what to install(would help with KDE
and GNOME because i don't need half the stuff that comes with them)
just my thoughts
-Aaron