Re: Some things GNOME really needs

: I don't know how useful it would be to add support for tarballs to gnorpm.
: I didn't think it was the sort of tool you would want for that (the main
: reason for compiling from source is so you have more control).

Agreed. I meant "someone should not feel discouraged from trying to
_code_ it" even though it would probably be quite difficult. Sorry if
you thought I was suggesting _you_ code it.

: As for relocatable packages, I don't have any support for this in gnorpm
: at the moment.  What sort of interface to this would be useful.

Erm. Good question. It seems the most intuitive would be that right
clicking a name in the "install" list would give an "advanced"
settings box. This would have settings for --root, --dbpath, and
--prefix, and a suitably ominous "you better know what you're doing"
warning.

Which I guess begs the question "if you know what you're doing why not
just go to a root prompt" right? Just a matter of completeness I
suppose. I'm suggesting options I personally would never use. Is that
bad?

	- A