Re: Some things GNOME really needs

I don't know how useful it would be to add support for tarballs to gnorpm.
I didn't think it was the sort of tool you would want for that (the main
reason for compiling from source is so you have more control).

As for relocatable packages, I don't have any support for this in gnorpm
at the moment.  What sort of interface to this would be useful.  Just as a
note, relocatable packages have existed since the rpm 2.4.x series (I
think -- note how ever that they didn't work very well back then).  Also,
just because rpm lets you relocate a package that was not built as a
relocatable package, doesn't mean you should.  The usual reason why a
package is not relocatable is because there are compiled in paths.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/