Re: Text processor

Hi,

I just finished writing a book, and boy do I sympathize. The closest thing
on Linux now is Emacs, which works OK once you get past the fact that
it's quite arcane and has a long learning curve. :-) But Emacs is not
really optimized for writing, it's a programmer's editor in the end.

I really want to write a simple document editor for Gnome that is
appropriate for serious writing, including documenting Gnome itself. I
have lots of ideas and the NoteTab editor looks similar to what I have in
mind. I don't think it would be all that hard, because WYSIWYG is not
important, and complicated formatting isn't needed. There's no rocket
science involved. Still, it would take a solid couple months of work I
imagine.

This is somewhere in my project queue, I'm not sure I'll get to it for a
year or two, but someday. I'm excited about it and I think it would be
super useful, but there's just so little time. :-(

Havoc