Re: Drag and drop is dead, long live drab and throw :)

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Michael ROGERS wrote:
> I can't help thinking it would be easier to just have a better selection
> mechanism (ie non-rectangular selection areas, middle mouse button adds to
> the selection without clearing it). The operation you described could then
> be performed by drawing a lasso around the files and dragging the selection,
> or middle-clicking each in turn and dragging the selection.

How about: left-drag draws a box, selecting all inside and forgetting the
previous selection. Middle-drag draws a box, keeping the original
selection, and *inverting* the selection of what's inside.. hang on,
doesn't the GIMP already have a keybinding for that kind of thing? Or
Photoshop? Alt-left-drag,  I think.. Control- and Alt-left-drag, for add
and subtract selection respectively.

A darn sight better than selecting a rectangle, then adding or subtracting
from it one-by-one.

Tim Allen