Build Problem Redux

.... on the road to updating gnome stuff on FreeBSD 3.1.

after a couple of weeks of trying to build the gnome
stuff defined in gnome meta it finally all built successfully
last night.

Now if only the gnome apps would run.  I get this error message:

127:ORBit [19] gnomecc&
[1] 56308
127:ORBit [20] /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libORBit.so.1"
not found
[1]+  Exit 1                  gnomecc

Since updating the ORBit lib is now called "libORBit.so.2"
so what do I have to rebuild now???  I just rebuilt gnomecc
after having rebuilt ORBit.

I get this weird feeling of a domino effect.  Since rebuilding
the gnome stuff Netscape has very limited color capabilities.
To update gnome I had to update some of the graphics libraries,
now I think I have to rebuild everything that uses those libraries?
Am I on the right track here?

-  greg strockbine
canoga park, ca