Re: Gnome & WindowMaker - may try it again

On 16 Jun 1999, Preben Randhol wrote:

> Tim Allen <timallen@godzilla.zeta.org.au> writes:
>
> | * Your large collection of carefully hoarded WM icons is less useful than
> | you think. While WM has 64x64 icons with 48x48 pictures, the panel likes
> | 48x48 icons, and 48x48 pictures just look too big (and obscure the tiles,
>
> Can't you just run convert -geo 32x32 or something on the icons to get
> a smaller version?

I probably can. But I don't want to have *two* copies of each icon, I
don't want to lose alpha information (in preparation for imlib 2, which I
hear has alpha support), and much of the icon drawing art is putting the
detail in pixel-by-pixel - you can lose a lot of detail by scaling, even
smooth scaling.

What I've done is turn off all the tiles, so that my icons at least aren't
clipped..

Tim Allen