RE: Memory Leaks and fixing them

i believe this is a kernel issue. once the app has told the os it's done, the
os then deallocates that memory and puts it back in the pool for the vmm. most
os kernels will reclaim memory this way (win9x being the most famous
exception). so unless you have memory leaks in your kernel (like winNT
<snickers>) all memory will be recovered eventually. i haven't noticed any
significant leaks in gnome or X. i've had my system (and X/gnome) up for 2days
40 minutes now and X is @30% usage and the various gnome parts are @10% usage.
On 15-Jun-99 James Green scribbled: