Re: getting mail question

> how does mail get from the server to my computer via modem
> is there an console command for getting mail?

check out fetchmail

> I want to use my gnome mailcheck applet and I don' t want to constantly
> write
> mails to myself to see it work!
>
> thanks
>
> olaf
>

> --

Jamin Philip Gray
jgray@writeme.com
http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~jpg2/
http://www.linuxfreak.com/~jgray/

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced
across the grassy field toward each other like two freight
trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55
mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.
(Jennifer Hart, Arlington)