Balsa - attaching files turns everything into MIME

I've recently submitted a few patches to the Gnome bug tracking
system and received autogenerated complaints that they didn't have
a "Package:" pseudoheader. It turns out that when I used Balsa
(recent CVS) to attach my patches to the problem report, it
turned everything into an attachment - even the main text became
a "text/plain" attachment, so the Package: line was no longer
directly after the real header. Is this how things are supposed
to work?

Looks like either the Balsa mailer or the bug-tracker needs
changing.

PS Is Balsa still being developed? There was some discussion
recently about reviving the project, but I haven't seen any
recent changes on CVS. Is there another mailer for Gnome?

Peter Wainwright
Home: prw@wainpr.demon.co.uk     Work: peter.wainwright@nrpb.org.uk
http://www.wainpr.demon.co.uk    Fax: +44-870-052-3185
Visit the Opera Exchange Homepage at http://www.treda.co.uk/opex/