Re: ORBit 4.90 Compile problems

On 12 Jun 1999 16:46:32 -0400, psalzman@landau.ucdavis.edu
<psalzman@landau.ucdavis.edu> wrote:

>sheesh.   this makes *7* people who couldn't use ORBit's configure script.
>where are the developers?

Right here, as usual. Calm down...

> this is a configure script problem fer cryin out loud...
>it would be nice to get an official word on this, even if it's something
>along the lines of "you're all nuts.  configure works perfectly.".

You're all nuts. configure works without error.

The IDL.h wchar problem is not a configure script problem. I've sent e-mail
to Mr. libIDL, and he will get to it when he has time.

In the meantime, we wait patiently and try to find other problems. (You can
work around the IDL.h wchar problem by putting a '#include <wchar.h>'
somewhere near the top of ORBit/libIDL/IDL.h)

>what's the point of developing ORBit any further if no one can use your stuff?!?

The release was intended to get people to test the new features out and
find the bugs. (Not that it was made abundantly clear.)

This IDL.h problem doesn't happen with RHL 6.0 (which I use at work), so I
didn't know about the problem.

-- Elliot
Why are the masses always unwashed?