Re: The WM Spec Thread

Nathan Clemons wrote:

> I've got a good chunk of the thread available at:
>
> http://gnome.windsofstorm.net/gnome-wm.txt
>
> Which is a symlink to a mailfolder I write to in PINE. I can provide a
> mailing list, or Dr. Mike, do you want to? gnome-wm-list would make sense
> to me... And we need to start gathering a list of people who need to be
> invited to join the list to hash out the scenarios and rewrite the specs.
> I recommend http://www.plig.org/xwinman/ as a good location to remind us
> of some of the less familiar window managers... the more we can get
> involved, the better.

There used to be a list windowman@sorted.org (Majordomo) for this
purpose. I am not sure if it still active.

It would be great to have KDE,GNOME and the rest have common hints.

I think we need first to get all people together and analyze current
state
(good/bad things about current KDE/GNOME hints) and the reason needed
for the new ones in KDE 2.

Then we should start work on an desktop neutral, extensible and
efficient WM interface.

Mark
--
... GUI: WPS.