Re: gnome core dumps

On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 10:37:25AM -0400, Ali, Syed GSAM" wrote:
> i installed redhat 6.0 on a sparc 5 and am using gdm
>
> however, when i select "gnome" as my window manager from the options pull
> down menu and attempt to login,
> i get logged out and gnome leaves a core file in $HOME
>
> kde works and so does the failsafe session.
>
> i disabled gdm and tried to use startx with my .xinitrc containing "exec
> gnome-wm" and that brings up gnome, but
> without any preferences and only 1 xterm open
>
> where should i start looking to figure out why gnome logs me out when using
> gdm?

take a look at /etc/gdm/Sessions/Gnome, you can take it from there
That's what is run when you choose Gnome

Sarel Botha          |     Computer &           | +27 341 81341
(sjb@dundee.lia.net) |        Accounting        | BOX 2065, Dundee
 "The End is near." -- http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/7771/666.htm